Thursday, June 18, 2009

If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.

Alas, no train ride for me. While purchasing my ticket I was advised that I could not check luggage in Redding. To check luggage I must board the train in Sacramento. That is 130 miles south of me.

Bicycle, train, rental car. My travel options kept falling short, except one. So I am staying another night in Red Bluff while brother Carl drives down from Gig Harbor, WA, and tomorrow we'll drive back north. I changed hotels this morning and just riding the 2-3 miles across town made me realize I would not have had a good ride to Redding. My ankle does okay walking but the pedaling motion was quite painful.

There will be other chances to ride and tour. For now my next trip will be on a motorcycle for a ride from Gig Harbor to Michigan. That trip will start in a week or so and also be documented in this blog.

W.

No comments:

Post a Comment