Friday, July 10, 2009

Still in Bay City

I'm still in Bay City, Michigan, my adopted hometown. But I'm itching to get back on the bike. I'm already thinking about the route for the next leg. I'm planning to head due north up into Canada and then west across to Seattle, which seems to be my default parking space. I'd like to take a couple days to hike, maybe in the Olympic National Forest, and maybe a couple days touring on the bicycle again, just a couple days out and back, no epic rides or crazy ambitious routes this time.

Meanwhile, here's a picture from the Lake Michigan Ferry, after I'd warmed up a bit and relaxed a bit... I think I was rushing too much. The next leg will be done at a slower pace. My departure date is not set yet.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - a happily retired ever after picture! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, this retirement stuff will grow on you. Sara and I mark time by the size of the morning paper....Sunday is FAT PAPER DAY. Everything is plus or minus FPD. I'm impressed that you are touring on a Hypermotard. When you get a chance take a look at my blog walkabout2009 about my trip to Alaska in June. My Multistrada suffered a catastrophic mechanical failure in Alberta, Canada. I should have the bike back in Portsmouth by mid Aug so I can tear into it and figure out exactly what broke. If you head south to VA you always have a place to stay with us. Oh, we just opened an exhibit on the evolution of the motorcycle. This is at the Courthouse Galleries on High St. The exhibit will run for three months. We have around 45 classic bikes on display..some are truly priceless examples.

    ReplyDelete