Tuesday, November 17, 2009

California, part 2.

Finally photographed a sunset.
From California part 2


I'm in Joshua Tree tonight. Not able to do any site-seeing, just warming up. The ride here has been slow but enjoyable. I got to see many friends in my old neighborhood (Sanoma County), and spend a great time with my sister in San Francisco.
Hurst Castle is just a little bigger than my sister's apartment.  (Ha!)
From California part 2


From there, I headed south along the coast, stopping for lunch at the famous norhtern California motorcycle meeting spot, Alice's Resturant (famous for from a song "You can get any thing you want at Alice's Restaurant"). The souther California version is called The Rock Store and I got to go there too, with my buddy Scot.
My camp site, just off the coast.
From California part 2

The same spot after sunrise.
From California part 2

Once I get the tent on top of the van, this will be my campsite.
From California part 2


Scot provided secure motorcycle parking.  Sit. Stay!
From California part 2

The Rock Store.
From California part 2

Scot tearing up the road...
From California part 2

Highway 18, the Rim of the World Highway.
From California part 2


I'm on my way to Mesa, AZ, where I'll be for the last half of November. What? It's already the 16th? I better hustle!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, just think how crafty I'd be if I lived in a castle! You could come and visit and have your own wing. Hopefully next time I'll have more space. Thanks for all of your help here, you are welcome anytime you get an itch for city living.

    ReplyDelete