Monday, February 1, 2010

Truth or Consequences, NM

Oh, if only they would let me choose, truth, or consequences. I've been here a week and have had a great time, relaxing, meeting new friends, finding ways to be useful. But at some point, I managed to loose the license plate from the Ducati. Truth is, I probably didn't tighten the bolts enough. (The bike was too far back in the van and the plate was rubbing on the door so I'd taken if off before I got here.) The consequence will be determined, I need to contact the state of Washington and find out how I can get a new plate.

Another truth: despite eating right, sleeping enough, relaxing most of the time, exercising a lot, meditation, herbal supplements, wishing on stars, etc., my blood pressure is higher than it's ever been. Scary high. So getting seen by the VA hospital in El Paso is a priority.

I'm hitting the road on Tuesday, heading south. I hope these pictures can hold you over till the next time.

Sitting around a fire is a practical way to spend time in New Mexico.
From Southern States

From Southern States

How to make sitting around a fire better: poke it with a stick!
From Southern States

The town of Hatch, NM, Chile capital of the state.  There were at least three stores displaying this many chiles.
From Southern States

No comments:

Post a Comment