Thursday, March 11, 2010

(Same old) New Orleans

I've been hanging out in New Orleans this week. But after living here for four years, this place has too many memories for me, so I'm not staying here long. Besides, what is the point of running from the ghosts if you head to where so many of them started from?

From Southern States

And the traveling hasn't gotten old yet, so I'm going to keep heading east and north for a while. Next week I'll be taking a three-week bicycle trip on the Natchez Parkway. I'm not sure yet if I'll be bringing the computer along since there will be very little wifi on the road. Blogging will be limited if I don't bring it, but not much better if I do.
From Southern States

Plans after that may be a little more uncertain. I was heading for the Appalachian Trail, though the thought of spending 5 months walking was starting to turn me off. Not that I mind a nice hike, but I'd miss the bicycle and the motorcycles. Other options continue to present themselves all the time, so committing to 5 months on the trail would mean passing on many other interesting things.

I haven't taken many photos here in New Orleans. What is there here that hasn't been photographed so many times before? I have enjoyed seeing friends; I'm definitely glad I swung this far south. Alas, the crayfish are not out yet, it's been a cold winter.

Good food, good friends, good carpentry!
From Southern States

From Southern States

From Southern States


From Southern States

3 comments:

  1. Wow, love Belinda's new fridge compartment, did anyone 'drink & saw'? I'm glad I don't have to look at a big pot of crawfish in one of your photos, that steak looked pretty darn good though! Say hello from me to J&B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Will! It's great to see you traveling so much. Great picts. Stay well. ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I missed the crawfish season, too cold this winter so they aren't out yet. I might have to make a run back down there in a month or so...

    ReplyDelete