Friday, April 9, 2010

The beard is gone.  It did put a temporary end to people saying "You don't look old enough to be retired!" 
From Natchez Trace

I've been hanging out in the Meriwether Lewis Campgrounds for about a week but I'm thinking about moving on. The camping is free but there are no showers which helps make people want to move on after a while. Or helps make people want me to move on after awhile. Most of the guests are in RVs so they bring their own shower. And most are snowbirds heading home. Last night at the community campfire, there were two Americans and about a dozen Canadians.

From Natchez Trace

I've pretty much decided against trying to hike the Appalachian Trail this year. Maybe a couple weeks worth but not the entire thing. There are just too many things I want to do and see to devote myself to five months of just walking. Also some exciting opportunities have presented themselves recently, and a five-month walk would get in the way of other possibilities. More information to follow as things become more certain. Meanwhile, I will continue to update you with tales of my wanderings.
From Natchez Trace

(Tied for most common questions: "How do you get up there?" (it's called a ladder) and "Where do you put the motorcycle?" (seems kind of obvious but inside the van).

No comments:

Post a Comment