Tuesday, April 20, 2010

From Charlotte
After having enough of Tennessee, I motored east to Charlotte, NC, to hang out with one of my oldest friends. Back in 1985, I finished my only year of college and bought my first motorcycle. Which helped me more over the years? The little bit of education I received is long since forgotten, but the motorcycling has defined a large part of my life and helped me meet friends who have made my life so much better. The therapeutic effects of riding a motorcycle have gotten me through some rough times, when the life seemed conspired against me. And when relationships went sideways, the motorcycle always went forwards.

From Charlotte

Scott is also a rider, which is how we met back in 1985. Over the years we have always seemed to live on opposite sides of the country but managed to keep in touch and it was great to hang out with him for a few days. Not surprisingly, we made time to take a motorcycle ride on some of the sweetest roads I've seen. I took the camera along but the pace of the ride precluded any photography!

I'm leaving Charlotte this morning, heading for the mountains and then up to Virginia.

Some debate over the name of this tree (I think it was a Yellow Locust). Thorns up to 4 inches long guarded the trunk.
From Charlotte

School bus chicken coop. "Ain't nobody goin' ta skool anyways..."
From Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment