Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

The Natchez Trace is done.  Or I am done with it.  Something like that.  I'm still a little tired from the past few days of riding.  
From Natchez Trace

For the second half of the ride, my old friend Paul joined me.  The two of us put in some long days on the bike, fighting a headwind most of the time.  But the sun was out nearly every day and other than around Tupelo and Jackson, MS, the traffic was light.   My total was about 680 miles, maybe a bit more if you add up all the side trips.  .  
From Natchez Trace

From Natchez Trace

We camped a couple times, split the cost of a cheap hotel room a couple times, and had a great time.  By the end, we were both thinking about changes we'd make to the equipment we were using and where the next tour will be.  The Blue Ridge Parkway seems like a good choice.
From Natchez Trace

Yesterday we went separate ways, Paul back to his home in Michigan and his job and family, me to a free campground to relax, do some laundry, and get ready for the next adventure.  Not sure yet what that will be.
From Natchez Trace

From Natchez Trace

From Natchez Trace

From Natchez Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment