Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I think my favorite part of house-sitting is the access to a complete kitchen. Normally I travel with one pan and a camp stove, not the best combination if you are trying to bake a cake.


So I found a recipe in last week's Parade section of the newspaper and was eager to try it out. Grilled Stuffed peppers with a grilled tomato sauce. Did I mention this house had a grill? Here's a couple pictures of the effort. They were okay. Not spectacular, but I had to substitute some ingredients
From Virginia

From Virginia

From Virginia

From Virginia

I also made a couple of pizzas.
From Virginia

A huge thank you Brian and Leslie for letting me stay at their house this weekend. Now I'm back on the road, heading north. Virginia is too hot and muggy.

From my campground last week: hard to get good pictures of this beast, but imagine a cross between a beetle and a lobster.  Barely a quarter-inch long though.  Not too scary.
From Virginia

From Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment