Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sitting.

This week I’ve been helping some friends. Catrina is laid up for a few days and Jeff is unable to get time off of work, so I was asked to help out. Help around the house, help with the cooking, the gardening, and help with the kids! That’s right, two of them, age (almost) 4 and 5.
From It's your birthday!
From It's your birthday!
It has been quite a learning experience. Not the housework, I’ve done that before. And not the cooking, although I’ve been cooking more than one meal a day and that is a bit of a change for me. And I made my first ever grilled cheese last week. No complaints at all.
From It's your birthday!
Taking care of the kids, now that is a new experience for me. First time in my life that I’ve picked anyone up at day care or made chicken nuggets for dinner more than two nights in a row.
From It's your birthday!
Cooking dinner for 3 and 5 year olds is a learning experience too. For instance, I know that fruit and vegetables are a good and healthy snack for the girls, but they have other preferences. We discussed it and I have to admit, their arguments and opinions were quite persuasive and hit close to home. So, as I’ve personally done many times, we had double-stuffed Oreos for dinner. World’s Greatest Baby Sitter nominee YEAH!!

And the question everyone wants to know: after a week of this, do I want one of my own now? Heck yeah. I might even have the entire six-pack.

Wait, are we talking about the same thing?
From Michigan 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, that looks like a full bar set-up on the counter behind Jeff. Must be the fuel to raise two kids! I'm laughing reading through this as I know you too well!

    How was the Mackinac?

    ReplyDelete