Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back at the races.

As usual, I’ve been traveling. And I’m doing another race with the Kenda Team, so I don’t have time to write a long essay, how about just captions for the photos this time?

After leaving Wisconsin, I stopped off in Chicago to see niece Heather and the Field Museum. They are very proud of “Sue,” their T-rex fossil.
From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Nothing I can I say is funnier than “Wall O’ Worms.”

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Heather spotted this flying monkey exhibit.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Heather in 3-D.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Bacteria changed the world. And they look like M&Ms.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

You know who you are….

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Most people would not have put on the t-rex hat, never mind standing still for the picture. Good for you Heather!

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


A few months back I photographed a tiny bug on a picnic table. Finally, it’s been identified.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


From Virginia


Hey John, can we boil this one next!?

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


Heather and the totem pole.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


Beaded elephant, for Pat.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


Taking the train back to my campground. I didn’t realize how tired I looked! And I’m holding the camera with my feet.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


From Chicago I went to Indiana and visited a high school friend, Jamie O’Brian. No photos for security reasons.

Later, I pulled in to this little town as they were setting up for their annual tractor show weekend.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

A very nice Oliver Super 55. This one’s for you, Rod Miller!

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee


While camping in Ohio, I found a place where I could rent a kayak for a day. Here’s my view for about 5 hours of paddling.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Self-portrait.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Not sure who the old flabby guy is, or how I got a picture of him…

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Side trip up a creek.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Later, after 16 miles of paddling, after a shower, before dinner. Retirement is tough work!

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

From Cleveland, I took the longest airplane trip ever to get to Milwaukee. Really, I flew from Cleveland to Atlanta to St. Louis to Detroit to Milwaukee. Niece Sandy picked me up at the airport and we went to my all time favorite bar, the Safe House.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

Not to be missed if you are in Milwaukee.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

The entrance is a secret, this is the exit.

From Illinois, Ohio, Milwaukee

This weekend I'm in South Carolina for a race, but I'll be in Michigan by Wednesday.  Only one race left this year, a 3-day stage race in Korea in October.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment