Friday, September 24, 2010

Ohio!

It’s been another week of driving and a few more days of racing. Only one race left this year. Next year is still up in the air, I would like to be with the team again but we’ll see.
From Ohio


From Ohio


While in Cleveland, I made time to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s a neat place but they don’t allow photography inside. And wear your wrist band. Stay in line. Pay for parking... a lot of rules for a place devoted to rock and roll, which to me stands for creativity, free thinking, and rebellion. I snuck this photo of the outside and ran before the guards could get me.

From Ohio

Then I went to the National Museum of the Air Force. Parking was free. Entry was free. Take all the pictures you want. An interesting contrast to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, considering the Air Force is a military service built on rules and regulations.

From Ohio

Don't hit the brakes while taxing with a tailwind...
From Ohio


From Ohio

Three enormous buildings, I got there just after 9 AM and walked until almost 5 PM. I felt like I’d hurried too much but still didn’t get to see everything.

The Bockscar was the airplane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. Interesting thing I gleamed from the info-placards: They only dropped two atomic bombs during World War II because they only had two. Look up Operation Downfall to see what the alternative was.

From Ohio

A Mig-21. Seriously, why would you name an airplane the “fishbed?”

From Ohio

How do you make a .50 caliber bullet look small? Set it next to a 37mm bullet.

From Ohio

Very big buildings.

From Ohio


From Ohio

Airplane design based on the northern Michigan Mosquito.

From Ohio

Mark 17 Thermo Nuclear bomb. Definitely not seen in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…

From Ohio

ICBMs.

From Ohio

Make the trip to Dayton, OH, if you can. This museum was exceptional.

From Ohio

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, great photos. Wish I could have seen it with you.

    In response to cost, I suppose the Air Force museum might possibly be government subsidized? Doubt Uncle Sam is pitching in for rock & roll...unless it's the next stamp?

    ReplyDelete