Wednesday, November 24, 2010

El Paso to Mesa

Another week on the road.  I spent a few days in El Paso sightseeing.  They have the usual stuff: scenic views, Russian helicopters, parking lots with tanks... okay, maybe not the usual stuff.

From El Paso to Mesa


From El Paso to Mesa

There was a neat museum for the Border Patrol but I didn’t have my camera with me so you’ll just have to visit it yourself.

A state park in El Paso includes this cool tram ride to the top of the mountain.

From El Paso to Mesa

I wanted to use the tram cable as a zip line to get to the bottom but the staff said no.

From El Paso to Mesa

And I was able to visit my friend Roxi.  She’s a wonderful friend; let’s me win at dominos and Wii bowling.  

From El Paso to Mesa


From El Paso to Mesa


So, welcome [back] to Arizona.  I camped once on my way to Phoenix, and checked out some small towns.  Its nice to be back out west, always seems like good campsites are easier to find.

From El Paso to Mesa

I found this hitch-hiker in the van.  He said he was a coffee drinking extra from the movie “Men In Black” but I thought he was really just a Walking Stick.

From El Paso to Mesa

My van is just visible in the lower half of the right side of this picture.

From El Paso to Mesa

 A downside of being in the west: country music radio stations dominate the airwaves and that is a drag as I still find country music can depress me faster than an email from an ex-girlfriend telling me how great she’s doing.

From El Paso to Mesa

This dumptruck is 12 feet wide...

From El Paso to Mesa

...and parked in the bed of a much larger truck.

From El Paso to Mesa

And that is about all I have this week.  Not every week is going to be the adventure of a lifetime.  But for you, I’ll keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. Swing by LA and grab my XM Satellite Radio from the wife. I don’t need it in Italy.
    Scot

    ReplyDelete