Sunday, April 24, 2011

This week I’ve been working at the team’s secret desert maintenance facility, to be known only as “Area 52.”
From T or C

All the post-race maintenance is done and more tires are glued. If you’ve been following along, you’ll be pleased to know the last wheel/tire was glued on the 21st. Done!

From T or C

If you haven’t been following along, that part may make no sense. Do not be alarmed.  As I got near the last tire, I also got near the end of the glue. I finished by combining the remnants of four cans.  I thought this made a neat picture, what do you think?
From T or C


Gluing each tire is by no means a small job, but the number  I had to do (over 60) was a huge mental burdon on me and I’m very relieved to be done with it (for now).

While at Area 52, I took a day off and went boating. Why is that significant? It’s been 19 years since I went “recreational boating.” It’s been 30 years since I went recreational boating and someone else drove. Roxie did a fine job, by the way.
From T or C

While on the lake I took a little side trip on a leaky raft. I found out later the water temp was 58 degrees. I’m kinda glad I didn’t know that before hand….
From T or C
From T or C


Cool Breeze Factory. This is where gentle breezes across the country originate.
From T or C

Next week is the Tour of the Gila in Silver City, New Mexico. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment