Thursday, June 9, 2011

Greenville and Philly

Well, Greenville came and went, though our results in that race were not worth writing about.  If you want to read about it, check out the blog of racer and bench seat occupant Phil Gaimon (pronounced Game-on!).  Go here  ( http://velonews.competitor.com/category/rider-diaries ) and check for his latest entry.  You can also check out Breezer.org for some good stuff about the team from the rider’s point of view.
Shady characters hanging around the team trailer....
From greenville and philly

Cramming 12 bikes onto the roof of the team van for the ride to the start.
From greenville and philly

 When the race gets tough, you might see a rider behind the team car.  When the race gets really tough...
From greenville and philly

While the riders suffered outside in the heat, the mechanic suffers in the back of the team car.  Hey! It's not as easy as I make it look!
From greenville and philly

As for me, I spent two days driving from Greenville, SC, to Philadelphia, PA.  Along the way I stopped in Virginia to visit my friend Brian AND NO ONE ELSE!! (Inside joke.)
Driving under the Chesapeake Bay.
From greenville and philly

Where the heck am I??
From greenville and philly

The Philly race was a one-day event, and we were looking very good.  Four of our top guys were in good position on the last lap when a crash happened in front of them.  But they avoided it and got back in touch with the leaders and with a half mile to go.... another crash.  Our best guy was 11th, with is respectable in a field of over 180 riders in a race 156 miles long.  But we want a “W.”  A win.  So we keep trying.
From greenville and philly

After Philly, I made it back to Cleveland (last time here was February and I’m supposed to be retired!?!).  I have a couple days off and I’ll be leaving Saturday for Burlington, Vermont.  From there I’ll head up to Quebec for my second race outside the U.S.A.

As always, you'll be able to read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment