Tuesday, September 24, 2013


Canada was great.  The number of people that turned out for a bicycle race was amazing.  The terrain was a bit like North Dakota but the race still turned out to be exciting.  

Frankie was thrilled to have me back in the car with him.  This photo proves it.

One day of rain.  

It was great to be with the team again, even if it was only a week!   And once again, I am back on the road, back in the van.  Heading east again, despite the cold of last winter.  I hadn’t planned to go back so soon, but other people have plans too, apparently, and some of them wish for my attendance…



I’m writing this in Minnesota, having blasted my way across North Dakota in just one day.  If you’re thinking of visiting North Dakota, keep in mind that the oil boom there has nearly every hotel occupied and the rooms that are empty will cost you a lot.
You say "museum," I say junk collection.

"Sit, Booboo, sit!"

Concrete deer, KIA.

Picture two kayaks with camping gear, tossed in here, pulled out in New Orleans.  Email me if you're interested.

Along the way west, I picked up new tires for one of the motorcycles.  Dealerships will sometimes be willing to do the work, but they may not.  I sought out an independent shop and found one in Moorhead, Minnesota.  Duke’s Repair works on cars and motorcycles and has very reasonable rates too.  It was worth the stop.

Also in Minnesota, I attended European Motorcycle Night at a restaurant in Duluth.  I didn’t get any pictures, but I did get to chat with some cool people and had a great Cuban sandwich.  

Boats for sale.

Singlewide State Prison.


In the next couple of days I’ll be heading to Michigan’s upper andy lower peninsula for some mountain bike riding.  As usual, you can read about it here, if you don’t get to ride along.

       If you're a motorcycle enthusiast, here are some pictures of some of the roads I spent time on in Utah.




This one is Idaho.



1 comment: