Friday, December 11, 2015

(PRO TIP: clicking on a picture opens a slide show of the pictures in this post.  You won't get captions though, which might be the best part.  Your call.)
     

         I had a such a great week!  Unseasonably warm temps diverted me from my quest for Ethiopian food.  Instead I spent the week camped at one of my favorite spots in Arizona, tearing up the pavement on two of my top-5 favorite roads.  There was almost no one else out there, the roads were clean and dry, and temps were about perfect for the riding and leather suit.  Overnight temps were in the low 30s or high 20s.  Morning coffee, then hit the road by 10:30 or so.  Be back by 3, and sunset between 5 and 6.  Temperature would drop quickly as the sun set so I was in my tent and under the covers early.  


I spent 2 hours on this road, and only saw 4 other vehicles!

Back in camp.  The Duc has accumulated 9000 miles in one year of ownership.  It's a winner!

I also got to ride the 690 Enduro on some interesting and (for me) pretty technical ATV trails.  That part of Arizona has it all.  


They weren't kidding with this sign.  Right at the limit of my riding skills.  The bike was fine.


As I said, that area has all I need, and snow ,too.  I departed on Friday morning, snow was in the forecast for Friday night.  One downside of the mountains this time of year.  That, and the early sunsets.  Well,  take the good with the bad, I guess.  At least I had one great week. 
Had coffee with this guy at my camp one morning.  He rolled his own cigs and mumbled something about a place called the "Shire."  Said that's where the hobbits lived.

"Not all those who wander are lost, Bilbo."  He kept calling me Bilbo, for some reason.

Tonight I’m in a cheap motel in Wilcox, AZ.  I badly needed a shower and a shave.  No sense spending a lot if that’s all you need.  It’s not bad, if you squint and have a can of fabreeze handy.  Which I do.  I’ve stayed here before.

Till next time…



1 comment:

  1. Was the guy having his second breakfast? Glad to hear you so happy.

    ReplyDelete