Monday, March 7, 2016

I haven’t forgotten about this blog.  It’s just that lately, I haven’t been out “adventuring.”  I’ve spent a lot of hours just pedaling my bicycle, trying to improve my fitness, lose a bit of weight, and refining how the bike is packed.  In a couple of months, I’ll depart New Mexico for Canada and begin an epic 2500 mile mountain bike ride/tour along the Great Divide trail.  Road.

Luxury Motel towel selection.

Not the Luxury Motel I stayed in.  
The Great Divide route is a mix of dirt roads and pavement that stretches from Banff, Canada, to Antelope Wells, New Mexico.  That should take most of two months.  It can be done faster, the record is under 15 days, but tourists (like me) take longer.  After that I’ll be back to normal ops, touring, vanning, motorcycling.  But to be ready for 50-70 miles per day, I’ve got to put in the miles now.  

PBBJ&J.  Even better tasting than it looked!
 Along the way I plan to update via my phone, which might be limited, and might contain more typos than normal.  And until departure, my days are a little, well, boring.  I like to think of it as an investment.  But its tough to make it interesting.  Please bear with me….

Tacos!

Fried Green Tomato Tacos!


This will be my home for 2500 miles.


Donkeys don't actually dunk.


1 comment: